Nobody in the body positivity movement is saying fatness or obesity is healthy.
We’re saying that we have no idea if fatness or obesity is healthy because we are not everyone’s doctors. And only doctors who see their patients regularly could possibly know what is healthy risks someone is facing.
We’re saying who gives a fuck if it is healthy? That’s a person’s personal choice. We all make health choices every day some of them good some of them bad but they are ours to make.
And above all we’re saying that you don’t have to be a certain size or look a certain way to be kind to yourself. Above all else treat yourself well. And honestly what could be more healthy than being kind to yourself?
So sick of people saying that body positivity is promoting “unhealthy” lifestyles.
"fat girls shouldn’t—"
—have to deal with your narrow minded bullshit.
I wanna be better but I also kind of want to give up.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough."
— things to remember, -n.m. (via mod3rnology)